All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.60Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionMany tensions are at work in the playfully unconstrained poems of Stanley Moss: ordinary and mythical lives, the political and the personal, high art and low comedy intermingle, achieving an effect that is often surreal and always striking. Here, God and Death are t matters for detached speculation but constant and vivid presences, whether centre-stage or waiting in the wings. An engagement with history is brought to bear on legend and on current affairs: a poem addressing 9/11 summons up the figure of Walt Whitman, whose exuberance and resolute faith in humanity Moss echoes throughout the book. Serious and optimistic, light and dark, Songs of Imperfection is an uplifting and celebratory book.
- Author BiographyStanley Moss was born in New York City. He was educated at Trinity College and Yale University. He makes his living as a private art dealer, largely in Spanish and Italian old masters, and is the publisher and editor of The Sheep Meadow Press, a non-profit press devoted to poetry.
- Author(s)Stanley Moss
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight159 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.