All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionSinging ('umculo') is a huge part of the culture and every day life of many African peoples, ne more so that in South Africa. 'Hamba Lulu' is a wedding song with a gentle, comforting rhythm. 'Jesu Ukukhanya' has a call-and-response structure where a simple solo line is followed by a choral answer. A joyful exuberant song with an infectious rhythm, 'Si Njay, Njay, Njay' can also be performed a cappella with some optional percussion for greater effect. 'Weeping' is a South African pop song from the band Bright Blue and uses as its chorus the refrain from the Zulu anthem 'N'kosi Sikeleli Africa' ('God Bless Africa'). If you are looking for straightforward and rewarding repertoire for your beginner choir, then you need look further than Choral Basics the perfect series for singers of all ages. The simple 3-part choral arrangements for sopra, alto and a combined part for men's voices make the series perfect for choirs with a dearth of males or whose male singers have unstable or changing voices. The rich array of repertoire is bound to be a hit with younger singers and the technical abilities of choirs at this level have been taken into consideration. Straightforward and idiomatic pia accompaniments have been included and are designed to support the vocal lines, without putting pressure on pia players with less developed keyboard skills.
- PublisherFaber Music Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1966
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber Music Ltd
- Weight177 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.