Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Jennifer Chiaverini returns with a Prohibition-era vel about one woman's journey to save her family--and herself With the nation in the throes of Prohibition, Rosa Diaz Barclay unwittingly discovers that her husband, John, has given over the duties of their Southern California rye farm in favor of armed bootlegging. Fearing the safety of her four beloved children, Rosa flees, with little more than a suitcase filled with John's ill-gotten gains and her heirloom quilts. Accompanying her is Lars, a good but flawed man who is the mother of two of her children. Under assumed names, Lars and Rosa hire on at a Soma County vineyard, seeking t only refuge from danger, but convalescence for two of the children, who suffer from a mysterious wasting disease. The devotion of the Italian-American community to the craft of viticulture inspires Rosa to acquire a vineyard of her own, even as she discovers firsthand its inherent hardships and dangers winemakers face in such turbulent times.
- Author BiographyJennifer Chiaverini is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and the University of Chicago. She lives with her husband and sons in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Jennifer Chiaverini
- PublisherLarge Print Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleElm Creek Quilts Novels (Simon & Schuster)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLarge Print Press
- Weight558 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.