All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.76
About this product
- DescriptionTwo internationally acclaimed artists create a groundbreaking, genre-defying adventure to transcend time, place, and identity. In the cold rth where the white wind blows lives Sixteen-Face John, a shaman. His wife is expecting their first child a soonchild. But Soonchild won t come out! So John sets out to find the World Songs that inspire all soonchildren to leave the womb. Along the way, he must shift shape and size, converse with animals and ancestors, and face demons and death. But he also pursues an elusive golden-eyed presence that hints at a connection with his past. This breathtaking vel, as exciting as it is spooky, is a lyrical tribute to the forces of nature, magic, and family.
- Author BiographyRussell Hoban (1925 2011) once described himself as an addict to writing and wrote more than fifty books for children, including such classics as Bedtime for Frances, How Tom Beat Captain Najork and His Hired Sportsmen, and The Sea-Thing Child. He was also the author of many acclaimed novels for adults, including Turtle Diary and Riddley Walker. Alexis Deacon created the acclaimed picture books Slow Loris, Beegu, and While You Are Sleeping and has twice been short-listed for the Kate Greenaway Medal. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Russell Hoban
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Place of PublicationCambrudge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alexis Deacon
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.