Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionHumanity stands precariously perched at the dawn of a new age. We are a proud species-drunk with our power to manipulate the world, to bend it to our will. Our civilization has reached its zenith, and we stand at a precipice. What we do w will determine whether we can push through to a better tomorrow, or be destroyed by the extravagance of our own success. We are the architects of this civilization, yet that which was created by us w has dominion over us. We have become puppets dangling on invisible strings, driven by forces we do t fully understand. We kw something is t quite right, but we cant put our finger on what it is. The individual feels lost-constantly striving, pursuing, grasping. But the thing grasped at is ill-defined and forever beyond our reach. Sophos is the path out. It is a story that brings into consciousness those forces acting outside of awareness. It is the journey into enlightenment that will challenge your most deeply held beliefs, and it will inspire you to move beyond all you have been taught into the blissful expression of the power and the beauty that is the essence of you.
- Author BiographyCharles Bynum is a philosopher, public speaker and author. Understanding the human condition through psychology, sociology and philosophy interests him. The condition of the world that surrounds us inspires and influences his work. He is an author whose work is a blend of fiction and fact that is most often expressed in prose, but he also writes poetry, and has recently published a personal account of an experience in human tragedy. Charles seeks an understanding of the political landscape and each member's personal responsibility toward the future of our society. Charles brings his powerful message to others in the community. He volunteers at the local military base helping soldiers who return from deployment with PTSD and substance abuse issues. He also works with the Teen Court helping kids who have lost their way. His unique approach to these issues is healing to those in need. Charles also lectures regularly at colleges where he speaks to psychology and criminal justice students so as to teach his approach to others who will themselves be working with people who are suffering. His message is inspiring, moving and life-altering. Charles offers insights into the human condition that affect us all. His words reach deeply into the depths of the human psyche-that of existential despair-and from those depths he brings to his audience a path out of the darkness. It is a message of hope, a message of joy, a message that conveys the beauty that is life.
- Author(s)MR Charles L Bynum
- PublisherDivine in Me Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDivine in Me Publishing, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.