All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea for this series came to me while visiting the Pompidou Centre in Paris. This fabulous contemporary art gallery has a very distinct architecture. The distinctive green Sortie signs appear at every possible exit and everywhere that you can conceive as a path to an exit. What caught my attention was the frequency of the signs and the variables of the doorways, in what one would expect to be uniform architectural elements. I continued the pursuit of sortie images while visiting other museums. One of three books of photographs from the 'French collection'. This book documents Sortie signs and their immediate environment in Paris museums, and features images with altered states of color, contrast and detail. 68 pages, 51 photographs The two other themes of photographs from Paris have been published separately as, Secrets . . . from the museums of Paris and Random Walks . . . Paris.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: The world presents itself and occasionally, I take the time to observe. There are times when the observation takes on the form of obsession, at other times it is the casual encounter. These moments become photographs. Believing that the normal needs to be elevated by exaggeration or simplification, I apply my skills to interpret these instances. My work, since 1998, has focused on computer manipulated photographs. I've exhibited in group and one person shows since 1969; exhibiting photographs, painting and prints. The prints have been exhibited extensively through 147 exhibitions, primarily in US University, College, and Community galleries. The exhibitions have been in; BC, Alberta, Ontario and in 31 American States. Also an exhibitor in 12 virtual web galleries, associated with academic conferences focused on digital imaging in Australia, China, Thailand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. In 2006, I began publishing my completed projects as books, and have completed thirteen books to date, with three others in development to be published in 2010. Born and educated in Alberta, I have been living in Victoria, on Canada's West Coast, since 1984.
- Author(s)Raymond St Arnaud
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.