Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionToo often in this world, hatred, violence, and ugliness saturate our twenty-four-hour news cycle, capture our attention on city streets, and stain our view of human kind. But kindness, love, mercy, and compassion are stronger than all this negativity and evil combined. In this inspiring collection of stories, Susan Freire-Korn shares how individual women have overcome adversity to emerge stronger and more courageous than ever before. Written by three African American women, three Caucasian women, and three Hispanic women, these tales share how kindness can transcend our basic human differences and bring unity to our lives regardless of culture or race. Each woman offers a unique and uplifting tale of how they suffered through sometimes years of despair and hardship, but never gave up on their desire for a better life. Whether they endured teenage pregnancy, alcoholism, and domestic abuse or loneliness, depression, and low self-esteem, these women prove that matter the circumstances of chance or culture, the human spirit can triumph and emerge stronger than before. An excellent reference for those seeking to understand cultural differences as well as for those looking for encouragement in their own lives, Soul Sisters, Come on to My House beautifully shows how opening your heart and your mind will make the world a better place for all.
- Author(s)Her Soul Sisters,Susan Freire-Korn
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.