Soul Survivor: How Thirteen Unlikely Mentors Helped My Faith Survive the Church by Philip Yancey (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.42+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionPhilip Yancey, one of America's leading Christian thinkers and author of more than a dozen books with sales of more than five million copies, returns for his most profound and soul-searching books yet. Soul Survivor is the story of his own struggle to reclaim his belief, interwoven with inspiring portraits of table people from all walks of life who have succeeded in the pursuit of an authentic faith. I became a writer, I w believe, to sort out and reclaim words used and misused by the Christians of my youth, says Philip Yancey, whose explorations of Christian faith have made him a guide for millions of readers. In Soul Survivor, he charts his spiritual pilgrimage through the influence of key individuals: These are the people who ushered me into the Kingdom. In many ways, they are why I remain a Christian today, and I want to introduce them to other spiritual seekers. Yancey interweaves his own journey with fascinating stories of those who modeled for him a life-enhancing rather than a life-constricting faith: Dr. Paul Brand, G. K. Chesterton, Annie Dillard, Frederick Buechner, C. Everett Koop, Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Henri Nouwen, John Donne, Mahatma Gandi, Shusaku Endo, Martin Luther King, Jr., Robert COles. Readers will find these inspiring portraits both nurture and challenge for their own understanding of authentic faith. Yancey fans will devour these new glimpses of how he has held onto faith while ackwledging with utter honesty its inherent difficulties. New Yancey readers will be drawn in by the theme of faith versus religion and drawn along a compelling narrative of signposts on a spiritual journey. Soul Survivor offers illuminating and critically important insights into true Christianity, which will enrich the lives of veteran believers and cautious seekers alike. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyPhilip Yancey is a journalist and writer who writes a featured column in Christianity Today. The author of more than a dozen books, including Reaching for the Invisible God and What's So Amazing About Grace?, his last ten books have sold more than 4.5 million copies. He is the recipient of a Christianity Today Book of the Year Award, two ECPA Book of the Year Awards, and eleven Gold Medallions.
- Author(s)Philip Yancey
- PublisherWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Out-of-print date20/09/2010
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.