All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhen she was diagsed with metastatic breast cancer in 2007, Deborah Masel's life collapsed. Two and a half years later, her struggle to find meaning in the shadowy world of terminal disease induced her to write t only of her cancer experience, but of threads from the past that were woven into the fabric of this final curtain. In her search for comfort and meaning, Deborah found that the world of cancer was dominated by stories of physical survival, which was assumed to constitute victory. Yet her most treasured teacher, a Torah scholar who had perished in the Holocaust, had awakened her, through the text he left behind, to the meaning of spiritual victory. If he could keep his disciples focused on God while the Nazis brutalised and dehumanised them, surely she could stay focused and t panic even when the cancer threatened to devour her. Her challenge was to accept the fact of death without losing her love for this dappled world and for the glory of its passing days.
- Author BiographyDeborah Masel (formerly Miller) is a teacher and author with a special interest in the Jewish mystic tradition. She has written two novels, and edited the English translation of Eish Kodesh (Holy Fire), written by the Rebbe of Piacezna in the Warsaw Ghetto. Her most recent book is In the Cleft of the Rock: Writings on the Five Books of Moses, a collection of prose poems on the weekly parshah. Deborah has written and taught for various Jewish and interfaith organizations and is a regular contributor to the Melbourne Age. She currently conducts classes from her home.
- Author(s)Deborah Masel
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Weight344 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.