All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionOn the cusp of adulthood, it is time to put away childish things. But for Ashden and Elara, one childish thing will change them forever. Drawn into the Timefold by the pulse of an ancient bloodline, they face a formidable enemy created in the depths of the human heart. Separated by an impossible expanse of time, they must find each other, however changed, and unite to save lives even more vulnerable than their own. Ashden Jaybanks,15, is relieved as he hammers the tack into his final rescue tice. It will doubt lead to ridicule and bruises from Oscar, but what's new? And if it saves a soul or two, he can quit in good conscience. Yes, it's time to give up and concentrate on his mother whose mind has all but gone and whose terrors rule her. It's also time to grow up...in this world. His plans are thwarted when a strangely forgettable red head witnesses his movement through the gateway under the fig. No-one has ever been able to see his comings and goings to the Timefold before. Could she be the same as him? But why can't he recall ever seeing her before? Alone in her hideout, Elara, 13, has been watching Ashden; curious as to how the most bullied kid in school can stand so confidently amongst the roots of the spectral fig when everyone else is scared to death of it. Especially her. When he finally reveals that he can see souls in animal replicas and that she has an unsurpassed ability to create such souls, Elara refuses to let him keep her from her destiny. She must be taken to see the rescued ones and will join his mission to save them. And that may happen...if Ashden can remember her in the morning.
- Author BiographyNadine lives with her husband, two teenage children and menagerie of pets in Sydney. By day she teaches English, French and Art to students with special needs at a local high school. By night, she writes. Nadine hasn't looked back since trading in her second job as singer/songwriter for the quiet life of a writer. Quiet until the pulse of a hundred plot lines started up in her head, and characters appeared at all hours, desperate to be woven into a world of their own making. Her fingers barely rested until their pleas were met. And their stories born. Nadine has written secretly since childhood, nurturing her stories and honing her craft until she was ready to share them with the world. Now those secretive days are over and Nadine Cooke brings her stories, rich with mystery and adventure to life for all those lovers of teenage fiction. Hoping also to capture the imaginations of those preteens reading beyond their years, Nadine offers Soulmaker as a content appropriate novel that will challenge and entertain.
- Author(s)Nadine Cooke
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.