All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has been written to provide an intro- Chapter 2 deals with the mechanism of hear- duction to the fundamental concepts of sound ing and the subjective rating of sound, includ- and a comprehensive coverage whereby un- ing age-related and ise-induced hearing loss. wanted sound (ise) can be controlled. Al- Assessment of any ise problem involves a though there are many table textbooks which kwledge of the instrumentation available for deal primarily with the physics (or theory) of measurements, the limitations of this instru- sound, and others which treat ise control in mentation, the appropriate procedures for mak- a strictly practical (and sometimes even empir- ing the measurements with the instrumentation, ical) manner, there are few textbooks that pro- and the methods by which the measured data vide a bridging between the necessary under- can be analyzed. Chapter 3 provides an up-to- standing of the fundamentals of sound (its date coverage of these requirements, including generation, propagation, measurement) and the a section on one of the newest and most valu- application of these fundamentals to its control. able tools in ise studies-sound intensity This book provides that link. measurement. The capability of being able to The text presents ise control primarily at measure sound intensity as compared with con- the introductory level.
- Author(s)J. E. K. Foreman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.