All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJanet L. Miller is one of the most important and influential curriculum theorists of our time. Sounds of Silence Breaking presents a broad range of her writing from the last two decades. This book contains portraits of self-complicating work that disrupt unitary and rmative conceptions of women, autobiography, and curriculum. Miller reconceptualizes curriculum theory through the application of her own theories, as well as those of other important figures in the movement. She also utilizes her extensive collaborative research with K-12 teachers and juxtaposes her essays in ways that invite the reader to view them as self- and cross-interrogating. Read together, these pieces underscore how changing narrative and interpretive practices have framed and re-framed constructions of her gendered work and selves as academic woman, curriculum theorist, and qualitative researcher.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Janet L. Miller is Professor and Coordinator for Programs in English Education in the Department of Arts and Humanities at Teachers College, Columbia University. She received her Ph.D. in curriculum theory and humanities education from The Ohio State University. Elected Vice-President of the American Educational Research Association for Division B-Curriculum Studies (1997-1999) and the first President of the American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies (2001-2004), she also served as Managing Editor of JCT: The Journal of Curriculum Theorizing (1978-1998). In addition to numerous articles in edited books and professional journals, she is the author of Creating Spaces and Finding Voices: Teachers Collaborating for Empowerment, and co-editor of A Light in Dark Times: Maxine Greene and the Unfinished Conversation.
- Author(s)Janet L. Miller
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleComplicated Conversation: A Book Series of Curriculum Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.