Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionWell, what would you do -- if you were a bored sour-grape schoolteacher with an accessible but quite unattractive bird called Nora Schwindlingfisch and the secret service suddenly recruited you? Run like hell! But what if they won't let you ...t if you happen to speak fluent Russian and look the spitting image of a British spy in Russia. Before you can so much as yelp you're trained and off on an iron-curtain mission -- with a brassy, mountaius blonde called Crystal as your 'wife' ...This is the saga of reluctant-spy Brown on his hair-raising secret assignment -- besieged by vast hungry women, cradled by danger, scared stiff and browned off with the whole thing ...
- Author BiographyJoyce Porter was born in Marple, Cheshire, and educated at King's College, London. In 1949 she joined the Women's Royal Air Force, and, on the strength of an intensive course in Russian, qualified for confidential work in intelligence. When she left the service in 1963 she had completed three detective novels. Porter is best known for her series of novels featuring Detective Inspector Wilfred Dover. Dover One appeared in 1964, followed by nine more in a highly successful series. Porter also created the reluctant spy Eddie Brown, and the Hon-Con , the aristocratic gentlewoman-detective Constance Ethel Morrison Burke.
- Author(s)Joyce Porter
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.