All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis journal Source: Music of the Avant-garde was and remains a seminal source for materials on the heyday of experimental music and arts. Conceived in 1966 and published to 1973, it included some of the most important composers and artists of the time: John Cage, Harry Partch, David Tudor, Morton Feldman, Robert Ashley, Pauline Oliveros, Dick Higgins, Nam June Paik, Steve Reich, and many others. A pathbreaking publication, Source documented crucial changes in performance practice and live electronics, computer music, tation and event scores, theater and installations, intermedia and techlogy, politics and the social roles of composers and performers, and invations in the sound of music.
- Author BiographyLarry Austin was the founding editor of Source and is Emeritus Professor of Music at the University of North Texas. Douglas Kahn is the author of Noise Water, Meat: A History of Sound in the Arts, and a Research Professor at the National Institute for Experimental Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note68 b/w photographs, 128 line illustrations
- Weight917 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDouglas Kahn,Larry Austin,Nilendra Gurusinghe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.