All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sourcebook for Garden Archaeology addresses the increasing need among archaeologists, who discover a garden during their own excavation project, for advice and update on current issues in garden archaeology. It also aims at stimulating broader interest in garden archaeology. Archaeologists with specific training in garden archaeology will read about specific problems of soil archaeology with a handful of well-developed techniques, critical discussions and a number of extremely different uses. Methods are described in sufficient detail for any archaeologist to engage into field work, adapt them to their own context and develop their own methodology. While the Sourcebook aims at bringing together different disciplines related to garden archaeology and providing an overview of present kwledge, it also hopes to encourage development of new directions for the future.
- Author BiographyAmina-Aicha Malek is researcher at the CNRS laboratory Archeologies d'Orient et d'Occident et textes anciens (AOROC) of the Ecole Normale Superieure (UMR 8546 CNRS-ENS) in Paris, France. Special Garden Archaeology Fellow at Dumbarton Oaks from 1999 to 2002, she has collaborated to several garden excavations, such as the Petra Pool and Garden Project in Jordan, and the garden at the Villa Arianna in Stabiae and the garden of Horace's Villa in Licenza, Italy. She is co-founder and current vice-chair of the Society for Garden Archaeology.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleParcs et Jardins
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note100, 100 Abb. farbig
- Weight1440 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byAmina-Aicha Malek
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.