All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with the invative fashion student in mind, Sourcing and Selecting Textiles for Fashion gives a full overview of the current textile market and shows how to apply this kwledge when creating a fashion collection. Following a brief look at the historical growth of fashion textiles in industry and culture, the book explores the manufacturing, design, sourcing and end-use of fashion textiles. Natural and man-made fibres are discussed along with current woven, knit and n-woven production methods. A variety of industrial and custom surface design techniques including dye, print, embellishment and fabric manipulation are covered. Trend, inspiration, colour, creating the collection and how to enhance design through textile choice and surface design are included. A perspective of current invation and sustainability is offered in each area. Colour photographs, illustrations and designer spotlights supplement informative text throughout the book, and the text includes a bonus section of interviews with designers at different levels of their career and marketplace, focusing on how they select and source fabrics and apply them to their designs.
- Author BiographyErin Cadigan is a fashion design instructor at Pratt Institute in New York, USA, and runs a successful eco-friendly lifestyle company, THREE Erin Cadigan.
- Author(s)Erin Cadigan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRequired Reading Range
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight1015 g
- Width220 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.