All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Africa: The Rise and Fall of Apartheid examines the history of South Africa from 1948 to the present day, covering the introduction of the oppressive policy of apartheid when the Nationalists came to power, its mounting opposition in the 1970s and 1980s, its eventual collapse in the 1990s, and its legacy up to the present day. Fully revised, the third edition includes: * new material on the impact of apartheid, including the social and cultural effects of the urbanization that occurred when Africans were forced out of rural areas * analysis of recent political and ecomic issues that are rooted in the apartheid regime, particularly continuing unemployment and the emergence of opposition political parties such as the Ecomic Freedom Fighters * an updated Further Reading section, reflecting the greatly increased availability of online materials * an expanded set of primary source documents, providing insight into the minds of those who enforced apartheid and those who fought it. Illustrated with photographs, maps and figures and including a chrology of events, glossary and Who's Who of key figures, this essential text provides students with a current, clear, and succinct introduction to the ideology and practice of apartheid in South Africa.
- Author BiographyNancy L. Clark is the DeGrummond Professor of History at Louisiana State University. Her publications include Manufacturing Apartheid: State Corporations in South Africa (1994). William H. Worger is Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles, and his publications include South Africa's City of Diamonds: Mine Workers and Monopoly Capitalism in Kimberley, 1867-1895 (1987). Together they have edited Africa and the West: A Documentary History, Volume 1: From the Slave Trade to Conquest, 1441-1905, (2010) and Africa and the West: A Documentary History, Volume 2: From Colonialism to Independence, 1875 to the Present, (2010).
- Author(s)Nancy L. Clark,William H. Worger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSeminar Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.