Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Africa's fourth n-racial democratic election in 2009 caps fifteen years of state transformation. This period has been marked by unprecedented changes in state institutional architecture and policies governing the functioning of state organs, the complexity of which have been periodically reviewed by government. South African Governance in Review comprises papers prepared by the Democracy and Governance Research Programme of the Human Sciences Research Council, on some of the major governance issues facing the post-apartheid state. Based on research conducted as part of government's fifteen-year review of governance and administration, the papers focus on three issues: public sector anti-corruption, local government restructuring and capacity, and the role of traditional leadership in post-apartheid governance. This mograph will appeal to a range of interested readers including policy-makers, academics and analysts, as well as students and civil society.
- Author BiographyDr Vinothan Naidoo is a Chief Researcher in the Democracy and Governance Research Programme at the HSRC. Paula Jackson is an Honours student at the University of Cape Town. Dr Mcebisi Ndletyana is a Senior Research Specialist in the Democracy and Governance Research Programme at the HSRC. Dr James Muzondidya is a Senior Research Specialist in the Democracy and Governance Research Programme at the HSRC. Dr Mpilo Pearl Sithole is a Senior Research Specialist in the Democracy and Governance Research Programme at the HSRC.
- Author(s)James Muzondidya,Mcebisi Ndletyana,Mpilo Pearl Sithole,Paula Jackson,Vinothan Naidoo
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, charts
- Weight135 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.