All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe religious landscape of South Asia is complex and fascinating. While existing literature tends to focus on the majority religions of Hinduism and Buddhism, much less attention is given to Jainism, Sikhism, Islam or Christianity. While not nelecting the majority traditions, this valuable resource also explores the important role which the minority traditions play in the religious life of the subcontinent, covering popular as well as elite expressions of religious faith. By examining the realities of religious life, and the ways in which the traditions are practised on the ground, this book provides an illuminating introduction to religion in South Asia.
- Author BiographyKaren Pechilis is NEH Distinguished Professor of Humanities and Chair and Professor of Religion at Drew University, USA. Her books for Routledge include Interpreting Devotion: The Poetry and Legacy of a Female Bhakti Saint of India (2011). Selva J. Raj (1952- 2008) was Chair and Stanley S. Kresge Professor of Religious Studies at Albion College, USA. He served as chairman of the Conference on the Study of Religions of India and co-edited several books on South Asia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKaren Pechilis,Selva J. Raj
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.