South Beach Wake- Up Call: Dr. Agatston's Real-life Program for Reversing Our Toxic Lifestyle by Arthur Agatston (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $22.45
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a proverbial ticking time bomb in our midst. It's the toxic lifestyle that is wreaking havoc on our nation's health and well-being and posing an equal threat to everyone from the very young to the very old. In today's fast-food-obsessed, couch-potato culture, two-thirds of all adults and one-third of all children are either overweight or obese, rates of diabetes and heart disease are soaring, and the future for many of us looks dismal. The time for a transformation is w, and one of the leading agents of change is rewned cardiologist and creator of the South Beach Diet Dr. Arthur Agatston, who is determined to reverse our failing health profile. After explaining how we got to this sorry state, Dr. Agatston introduces his Toxic Turnaround. This empowering program provides realistic strategies and tools everyone can use to shop, cook, eat, and exercise better - improving the family table, getting quality sleep, reducing stress, and making our homes and communities healthier. Informed by cutting-edge research and the tenets of a diet that has already changed the way people eat, this book goes to the next level, providing a blueprint for all to make positive and sustainable lifestyle changes that will t only improve their own health but that of generations to follow.
- Author BiographyArthur Agatston, M.D., is a preventive cardiologist and associate professor of medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. In 1995, Dr. Agatston developed the South Beach Diet to help his cardiac and diabetes patients improve their blood chemistries and lose weight. His eating plan worked so well that its popularity eventually led to the 2003 publication of Dr. Agatston's first book, The South Beach Diet. Today, the South Beach Diet is a lifestyle approach to healthy eating that has helped millions, and there are more than 23 million copies of The South Beach Diet and its companion books in print worldwide. Dr. Agatston has published more than 100 scientific articles and abstracts in medical journals, and is frequently quoted in the media as an expert on diet and health. He can be found on the Web at SouthBeachDiet.com and EverdayHealth.com and he is also an advisor on heart health for Prevention magazine. He lives and practices in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Author(s)Arthur Agatston
- PublisherRodale Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Out-of-print date10/07/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.