Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionOver the centuries, South London has witnessed literally thousands of murders: those included within the pages of this book have shocked, fascinated and enthralled the public and commentators for generations. Some were milestones in the annals of crime detection: these cases include those in which fingerprinting and DNA testing were used for the first time. Well-remembered crimes are featured alongside those that have been forgotten for centuries - from St Alfege's murder in the eleventh century in Greenwich, to the seedy murder of Christopher Marlowe, playwright and secret agent, in Deptford in the late sixteenth century, and from the murders of Lambeth prostitutes by a crazed hospital doctor at around the same time as Jack the Ripper, to Croydon's torious Craig and Bentley case in 1952. Based on original documents, trial and inquest transcripts, personal stories and contemporary newspaper reports, as well as visits to the crime scenes today, South London Murders is a study of cases that have shocked both capital and country.
- Author BiographyPeter de Loriol is a writer and historian. After a career in the army, in hotel and property management and in the computer industry he is now well established as a London-based author. Peter writes extensively for six London magazines (published by Highbury Local Publishing plc), and also contributes to a number of French genealogical and historical titles. His first book for Sutton Publishing was Famous & Infamous Londoners (July 04).
- Author(s)Peter de Loriol
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleSutton True Crime History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Weight370 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.