Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWoodcock describes and extensive journey he and his wife made through the far-flung archipelagoes of the south seas. The area comprises the romantic and remote islands of Samoa, Tonga, the Gilbert and Ellice IslandsNew Caledonia, the New Hebrides, the Solomon Islands, and Fiji. Woodcock s style as a travel writer is both personal and highly informative. He is able to provide solid background histories of the areas he visits, while adding exceptionally well-informed interpretations of current political and social conditions of the islands, based on interviews with people of all levels of society from the King of Tonga down.
- Author BiographyGeorge Woodcock was born in Winnipeg in 1952but grew up in Britain, where he was educated at an ancient English grammar school. He did not attend university, and had a variety of occupations, including farm labourer, plasterer s mate, and printer, before establishing himself as a writer and subsequently as a university lecturer. Since 1949 he has lived in British Columbia and for many years taught at the University of Washington and the University of British Columbia, but now devotes himself full time to editing and writing.
- Author(s)George Woodcock
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.