Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionGet away from it all and find nature using the train! Although the countryside is easily accessible by car, it's far more relaxing to combine the beauty of the countryside with the less stressful mode of train travel. This book sets about exploring places from Penzance to Great Bedwyn and Severn Beach to Weymouth, finding locations where our rail network and places rich in nature intersect. There are plenty! Twenty-four circular walks are described, starting and finishing at stations across the south-west, keeping off road as much as possible, and taking the walker through landscapes from fens to farmland and coastal surf to chalk downland. There are two walks for each month of the year, timed to give maximum chance of spotting the wildlife on offer. Each route is clearly described and accompanied by a map. Along the way, hints are given to help the reader identify some of the wildlife they may be able to find.
- Author(s)Graeme Down
- PublisherSigma Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationWilmslow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSigma Press
- Content Note48 bw, 25 map/line
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.