All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Hollis Summers Poetry Prize. A vivid and insightful look at the culture and terrain of Antarctica, as well as the people who choose to live and work there, South x South celebrates and explores life at the extreme edge of our planet. Blending travel narrative, historical research, and the surprises of magical realism, Hood presents life in Antarctica and the history of polar aviation as both a miracle of achievement yet also as a way to understand humanity's longing to be creatures of the heavens as well as the earth. South x South is poetry at its most inventive and surprising, insisting that the world is stranger and more glorious than we ever might have guessed.
- Author BiographyCharles Hood's journeys have taken him from the high Arctic to Patagonia, Easter Island, and the South Pole. He has been a dishwasher, a ski instructor, and a nature guide in Africa. His previous books include Bombing Ploesti and Rio de Dios from Red Hen Press, as well as Xopilote Cantos and The Half-Life of Salt: Voices from the Enola Gay. He has been the recipient of a Fulbright fellowship, an Artist in Residency with the Center for Land Use Interpretation, and an Artists and Writers grant from the National Science Foundation. Charles Hood teaches photography and writing at Antelope Valley College, California.
- Author(s)Charles Hood
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleHollis Summers Poetry Prize
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.