All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.57
- AU $13.67Trending at AU $18.04
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.51
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.91
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $51.07
About this product
- DescriptionDuring its long existence Southdown Motor Services Ltd was generally held in great regard by its customers, transport professionals and enthusiasts alike. Perhaps it was the smart apple green and cream buses which could be seen in all the towns and resorts between Hastings in the east and Fareham in the west and inland for up to 20 miles. This book describes the everyday difficulties and dangers faced by Southdown and those living and working in its area during the Second World War. It is t just about the buses and coaches but includes details of the devastating air raids that affected the coastal towns. The imposition at various times of Defence Areas, Curfews and Visitor Bans all brought major changes to everyday life including the provision of bus services. This book is the fruit of ten years of original research to cover a period of Southdown's history t previously covered in depth. It covers t only the effect on the company but also the effects on the areas it served.
- Author(s)Colin Druce
- PublisherCapital Transport Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectUnclassifiable: no BIC
- Place of PublicationMiddlesex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCapital Transport Publishing
- Width213 mm
- Height273 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.