Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionDee Gordon's new book is the unique and fascinating result of many conversations with Southendians, recalling life in their town during the 1950s and '60s. Vivid memories are recounted - focusing particularly on social change. As well as school days, work and play, transport and entertainment, there are also memories of the late '60s clashes between Mods and Rockers, of the infamous Wall of Death at the Kursaal, and of excursions to the longest pier in the world. Anyone who kws Southend, as a resident or as a visitor, will be amused and entertained, surprised and moved by these stories, which capture the unique spirit of Essex's largest town.
- Author BiographyDee Gordon was born in the East End of London. In 2000 she sold her London-based recruitment agency to concentrate on her writing career. She has lived in Southend for over twenty years.
- Author(s)Dee Gordon
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note90 black and white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.