All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouthern Crucible: The Making of an American Region seeks to fashion a new narrative about the American South. Informed by the most current scholarship in the field, the book offers a balanced look at the region's social, political, cultural, and ecomic history over four centuries, from pre-contact to the present. Focusing on several major themes in southern history--including the role of racial hierarchy, the role of women and gender, and the impact of immigration--author William A. Link presents the area's distinct history while carefully highlighting its remarkable diversity and geographic, cultural, and ecomic differences. Fast-paced and engaging, Southern Crucible challenges students to reexamine the region's history and culture and discover the legacy that the South has had on the entire nation's history. Southern Crucible: The Making of an American Region is available in a combined volume and two split volumes.
- Author BiographyWilliam A. Link is Richard J. Milbauer Professor of History at the University of Florida. He is the author of several books, including The Paradox of Southern Progressivism, 1880-1930 (1992), Roots of Secession: Slavery and Politics in Antebellum Virginia (2003), and Atlanta, Cradle of the New South: Race and Remembering in the Civil War's Aftermath (2013).
- Author(s)Richard J Milbauer Professor of History William Link
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.