All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe decoy and waterfowling history of this important region along the south Atlantic coast is thoroughly presented in this comprehensive study. Decoys of the eastern shore of Virginia and North Carolina are among the most collectible in the decoy market today. Much of the history of east coast gunning clubs began in this area. Henry Fleckenstein has combined information about decoys from this region and the South Carolina coast with his excellent photographs to produce an invaluable volume which each decoy collector and historian of the south Atlantic region will want on his shelf. All the major makers of decoys here and makers from other areas whose decoys were used here are listed with pertinent biographical data and interesting stories. 559 black and white and 64 color plates beautifully illustrate the text.
- Author BiographyMr. Fleckenstein has collected decoys since boyhood when he hunted with his father in the Chesapeake Bay area. He now runs a business in antiques and decoys and has an impressive fund of source material gleaned from his frequent conversations with decoy carvers, Bay River men, fishermen, hunters and local historians.
- Author(s)Henry A. Fleckenstein
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/1997
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note64 colour plates, 549 black and white photographs
- Weight1452 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.