All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.98
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.84
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $39.26
- AU $23.55Trending at AU $29.86
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.90
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential travel guide to Southern India's varied heritage covers all the major Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim and European historical monuments and sites in Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. There are amazing descriptions of forts and palaces, temple architecture, sculpture and painting, mosques and tombs, churches and civic buildings. Plan trips by using the travel-friendly itineraries, accompanied by useful location maps. This essential travel guide contains comprehensive coverage of the region's cities and monuments, museums, and archaeological sites. It includes all the major sites the great port cities of Mumbai, Chennai and Kochi; the citadels of Golconda, Vijaynagara and Gingee; the rock-cut sanctuaries at Ajanta and Ellora; the temples at Badami, Halebid and Thanjuvar; the mosques of Hyderabad and Bijapur; and the cathedrals at Goa and hundreds of less well-kwn places.
- Author BiographyGeorge Michell trained as an architect, and over the last 40 years has studied the temples in and around Badami, the brick and terracotta shrines of Bengal, the mosques and tombs of Ahmedabad, and the ruined monuments of Hampi Vijayanagara. He has also a published author on ancient indian architecture.
- Author(s)George Michell
- PublisherRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight408 g
- Width120 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.