All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith thirteen living grandparents at the time of her birth, Christy Jordan grew up in a family that knew how to make a lot from a little and always put a homecooked meal on the table, even when times were tough. She also inherited one heck of a recipe collection from her large Southern family (who have lived in Alabama for the last nine generations) which gave birth to SouthernPlate.com in 2008. The site has a dedicated fan base, pulling in an average of 3.5 million page views a month, and nearly 6 million in November 2009 alone. In the short time since its inception, the site has grown from 18 million to 43 million page views a year. Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family will contain 125-150 family recipes, all time-hored and passed down through several generations of the Jordan family. Recipes will be accompanied by brief stories about where they came from, who made them, and why they are special. Along with gorgeous, four-color photography, the book will include old family photographs and other historical snapshots. Ultimately, Southern Plate is a book about love, stalgia for simpler times, and the unpretentious comfort food that came from Christy's Grandmother's kitchen and went straight into her heart. You won't find fancy food or new fangled recipes in this cookbook; just easy, fuss Southern favorites because at the end of the day most folks want to come home to a meal just like Mama used to make, prepared by someone who loves them.
- Author BiographyChristy Jordan's unique way of sharing classic Southern dishes, along with her heartfelt stories, has drawn more than 43 million visitors to Southern Plate since it started in 2008. Jordan is the mother of two and lives with her husband in north Alabama, where her family has resided for more than nine generations.
- Author(s)Christy Jordan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Cookbooks
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight997 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.11
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $44.63Trending at AU $45.27
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.