All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the First Edition For an understanding of what was happening and what southern progressivism was all about, [Grantham] has produced a monumental history and resources which may be added to and reinterpreted, but is t likely to be superseded. -David Chalmers, Reviews in American History The rich detail and comprehensiveness of Grantham's examination of the South in the first two decades of the twentieth century makes this a definitive work on the topic. -Library Journal [Grantham's] masterful synthesis of forty years of scholarship makes the study preeminent in the field. -James A. Tinsley, Southwestern Historical Quarterly Grantham's volume ...puts to rest once and for all any suggestion that the complex, multi-faceted reform effort kwn as progressivism somehow bypassed the South. -Willard B. Gatewood Jr., Florida Historical Quarterly Southern Progressivism is a must for students of twentieth-century America and the South. -Choice
- Author BiographyUntil his death in 2004, Dewey W. Grantham was the Holland N. McTyeire Professor of History Emeritus at Vanderbilt University, USA. He was the author of The South in Modern America: A Region at Odds, The Regional Imagination: The South and Recent American History, and The Life and Death of the Solid South. He served in executive positions in the American Historical Association, the Organization of American Historians, and the Southern Historical Association.
- Author(s)Dewey W. Grantham
- PublisherUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byJr.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.