Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $26.25
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $33.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and the wide-open desert may stand out as prominent Southwest features, but this region is also home to bizarre places, personalities, events, and phemena. These unique and quirky aspects are humorously displayed in Southwest Curiosities, a cross between a wacky news gazette, an almanac, and a humorous travel guide. Amusing stories and unique black and white photographs make this the perfect read for travelers, residents, and anyone interested in adventure and a good laugh. Southwest Curiosities is part of a GPP homegrown series of state-specific books that describe, with humor and affection-and a healthy dose of attitude-the oddest, quirkiest, and most outlandish places, personalities, events, and phemena found within the state's borders and in the chronicles of its history. The series provides a fun and accessible read for travelers and n travelers alike-a great armchair book with quirky black and white photographs throughout and maps for each region.
- Author BiographySam Lowe migrated in 1969 from his native North Dakota to the Southwest, where he has written for a variety of newspapers and magazines. He is the author of Arizona Curiosities, New Mexico Curiosities, and You Know You're in Arizona (all GPP).
- Author(s)Sam Lowe
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleCuriosities Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight23 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.