All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionSouthwest Shuffle documents an important period in country music history. During the '30s and early '40s, hundreds of thousands of Okies, Arkies, and other rural folks from around the Southwest resettled in California, in search of work. A country music scene quickly blossomed there, with performers playing Western Swing, Cowboy, and Honky Tonk country. After World War II, these styles rocked country music, leading to the invations of '60s performers like Buck Owens and Merle Haggard in creating the so-called Bakersfield Sound. These stories are based on original interviews and archival research by one of the most respected writers on this period of country history. Kienzle writes in a vibrant style, reflecting his long-time love for these musical styles.
- Author BiographyRich Kienzle is a well-known writer on country music. He served as contributing editor to Country Music Magazine, has contributed to dozens of journals, and served as researcher, editor and principal writer for The Comprehensive Country Music Encyclopedia (Times Books, 1994). He has annotated over 200 albums, and has been an historical commentator on several Nashville Network documentaries. He lives in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Rich Kienzle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.