All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhen this book first appeared in 1996, it was Pottery 101, a basic introduction to the subject. It served as an art book, a history book, and a reference book, but also fun to read, beautiful to look at, and filled with good humor and good sense. After twenty years of faithful service, it's been expanded and brought up-to-date with photographs of more than 1,600 pots from more than 1,600 years. It shows every pottery-producing group in the Southwest, complete with maps that show where each group lives. Now updated, rewritten, and re-photographed, it's a comprehensive study as well as a basic introduction to the art.
- Author BiographyCarol and Allan Hayes are authors, collectors, and owners of Summerhouse Antiques (www.summerhouseindianart.com), which specializes in Native American ceramics. Carol opened Summerhouse Antiques in 1980, and Allan has studied Southwestern pottery for more than thirty years. They live in Sausalito, California. John Blom, a fellow collector and pottery student, is a photographer who lives in Reno, Nevada.
- Author(s)Allan Hayes,Carol Hayes,John Blom
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Note37 colour illustrations, 4 black & white halftones, 263 colour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width232 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.