All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionSpace Matters is a unique design book that will demystify the question of why some spaces work and some don't; it presents interior design based in the ancient Indian design science of Vastu. Vastu is the only design philosophy in the world that uses the human body as the guiding force in the use of space. It is the precursor to Feng-Shui and a sister science to Yoga and Ayurveda. What Yoga is for the body, Vastu is for the place in which you live.In the author's modern adaptation of Vastu, the reader will understand that space matters in a deep fundamental way, as does the use of lighting, colour and materials. Even the shape of objects and the placement of furniture in a room contribute to our wellbeing or lack of wellbeing. The goal is to create interior environments that appeal to us visually and viscerally, to the mind, body and soul. Through 5 chapters, Kathleen Cox takes us through the principles as they apply to home design. Extensive examples of Vastu principles at work are presented through the author's own designs and those of 11 of the most prestigious contemporary architects and designers working today including Sarah Susanka (creator of the Not-So-Big House series), Paula Baker-LaPorte (founder of EcoNest in Sante Fe and Doug Atherly (Kinari Design, London). As a group, these are some the foremost promoters of green design.This is t merely ather catalogue of great design work. The author presents questions and answers, before and after photos and images specifically designed to clearly explain the principles of Vastu at work in the home. The home as sanctuary movement continues to grow in popularity and importance. Today, we want our living space to promote a sense of calm and well-being. Working with Vastu makes this possible for everyone.
- Author BiographyKathleen Cox is the foremost proponent of Vastu in the US. She is the author of two previous non-illustrated books on the subject: The Power of Vastu Living: Welcoming Your Soul into Your Home (Fireside 2002) and Vastu Living (Marlowe 2000). She consults for both private clients (such as Christy Turlington) and commercial clients, and has a burgeoning lecture circuit program. She lives in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Her web site is www.vastuliving.com.
- Author(s)Kathleen Cox
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Out-of-print date24/12/2009
- Content Notecl / bw15 / tt15 illustrations, cl80 / bw / tt80 photographs
- Weight1080 g
- Width235 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.