All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe discovery of new cell types, such as grid and time cells, in the hippocampus has been accompanied by major anatomical and theoretical insights in the recent years. This book provides comprehensive, up-to-date information about the hippocampal formation and especially the neural basis of episodic memory, spatial location (the formation of the cognitive map) and temporal representation. The first part of the book describes the information flow from pre-hippocampal areas into the hippocampus, the second part discusses the different types of hippocampal processing and finally, the third part depicts the influence that the hippocampal processing has on other brain structures that are perhaps more closely tied to explicit cognitive or behavioral output. This book is intended for neuroscientists, especially for those who are involved in research on the hippocampus, as well as for behavioral scientists and neurologists.
- Author BiographyDr. Dori Derdikman is assistant professor at the Department of Physiology, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, in Haifa, Israel. Between 2006 and 2011 he was postdoctoral research fellow With Professor May-Britt and Edvard Moser at the Kavli Institute for Systems Neurosciences at the Center for Biology and Memory, in Trondheim, Norway and later with Dr. Nachum Ulanovsky at the Department of Neurobiology at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel. Dr. James J. Knierim is Associate Professor at the Zanvyl Krieger Mind/Brain Institute and the Solomon Snyder Department of Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, USA. After completing his doctoral dissertation on primate vision at Caltech, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Bruce McNaughton at the University of Arizona from 1992-1998. He was an Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston from 1998-2009.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication05/03/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 65 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1113 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byDori Derdikman,James Knierim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.