Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSpace-Time Processing for CDMA Mobile Communications is one of the first books to: * bring together spatial/temporal channel models and analytic performance evaluation techniques; * establish a link between smart antenna systems and advanced receiver design techniques; * treat smart antennas specifically for UMTS-like communication systems, with applicable simulations and calculations; * supply code with Matlab(R) GUI so readers can run or modify existing simulations or create new ones. The field of smart antenna techlogy or, more generally, space-time processing is rapidly becoming one of the most promising areas of mobile communications, especially regarding the development of the first practical third-generation mobile communication systems. The authors have addressed many of the most basic questions relating to the use of space-time processing in CDMA-based third-generation systems and have presented models for the integration of space-time processing, error correction coding, and multi-user detection techniques. Included is extensive background information on cellular systems, antenna array theory, smart antenna techniques, performance of basic space-time processors and advanced space-time processors. The book also includes an extensive simulation program written in Matlab(R). The simulation code implements both the uplink and the downlink of a UMTS-like communication system. This provides multiple options for simulating system performance using a variety of channel models as well as receiver structures. Space-Time Processing for CDMA Mobile Communications will be an invaluable reference work for engineers and researchers, and a useful source for design engineers enabling them to understand the implications of adding space-time processing systems to CDMA-based communication systems.
- Author(s)Danie van Wyk,Michiel P. Lotter,Pieter van Rooyen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/12/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number544
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight475 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.