All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.88
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.40
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $33.13
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $30.75
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 200 detailed recommendations, written by experts. From the unique geography and array of sporting activities to be found in the Pyrenees to the medieval charm of Ronda, you will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format. Superb 3D laminated illustrations display the key sights in perspective and include the magnificent Mezquita of Cordoba, brought to life at the turn of a page. Clear and concise background texts cover Spain's fascinating history, tracing key events from prehistoric times up to the 21st century. Special feature pages cover topics of particular interest that give a rare glimpse into everyday life, such as 'The Basque Country and its Freedom' and 'In Search of El Duende'. You will also find the answers to some of Spain's most intriguing cultural questions such as 'What is the proper way to drink sidra?' and 'Where can you get the best and greatest variety of tapas in Spain? A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, shopping, money, language and much more, t to mention useful insider tips for those travelling with children. There is a handy calendar of events to ensure you don't miss out on Spain's fabulous array of festivals and holidays taking place throughout the year. There are plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. The guide is accompanied by a large, fully indexed, pull-out map, along with 80 detailed maps and plans within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are 6 recommended tours specially designed to ensure you see the very best of Spain, they cover different parts of the country and range in journey length, so whatever your interests you can choose the tour to suit you and the time you have to spare. Top sights are clearly plotted along the way with the distances marked between them to help you plan your route. All of this invaluable information is contained within a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Dieter Luippold,Hans-Jurgen Frundt,Rainer Eisenschmid,Reinhard Zakrzewski
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/09/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date17/09/2015
- Content NoteFull colour photographs throughout
- Weight839 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.