All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- Description'Who is Jesuln?' I asked. 'Who is Jesuln?' said Julio. 'Just the most successful matador in the history of de bools. Almost everyone you meet in Spain has something to say about Jesulin,' he said. 'Si, si, if you want to write a book about Spain, Jesuln is your man.' For Tim Elliott, a man who buttered his toast to the edges and was always home in time to see the news, Spain was synymous with flamboyance, passion, spontaneity and adventure. In Spain, he felt, people inhabited every inch of their lives. They feasted upon it, up to their elbows. They drank red wine with lunch and smoked full-strength cigarettes. So when he heard about Jesulin, a handsome and talented young bullfighter who fills arenas with adoring women, Elliott went looking for him, certain the man dubbed 'the Beckham of bullfighting' held the key to the heart of this enigmatic country. Criss-crossing Spain on a diet of tapas and sherry, he finds himself plunged headlong into a world of ancient ritual, eccentric characters and all-consuming passions. It's a quixotic quest through a land where one is ever on time, there's always a fiesta on somewhere, and the gossip glossies are as revered as Columbus. Funny, fast-paced and revealing, Spain By the Horns takes you below the surface of the world's most colourful nation, to experience a Spain you'll never forget.
- Author(s)Tim Elliott
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2005
- Out-of-print date03/03/2009
- Weight240 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.