All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionSpanish Phology offers a comprehensive analysis of a variety of crucial issues in the phology and morphophology of various dialects of Spanish including syllable types, syllabification algorithms, syllable repair mechanisms, syllable mergers, nasal assimilation, obstruent vocalization and spirantization, obstruent neutralization, diphthongs and hiatuses, glide formation, onset strengthening, aspiration, rhotics, velarization, plural formation, word classes, and diminutives. Written from the perspective of optimality theory and with syllabic structure at its core, this volume highlights recent advances in Spanish phology. The book includes margin tes to highlight key points and a glossary of constraints. Each chapter includes study questions, lists of the most influential sources for each chapter, and topics for further research. Spanish Phology is intended as core reading for advanced phology courses in Spanish linguistics, general linguistics, and related areas such as bilingualism, language variation, language acquisition, and speech and hearing.
- Author BiographySonia Colina is an associate professor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Arizona. She is coeditor of Optimality-Theoretic Studies in Spanish Phonology and author of Translation Teaching: From Research to the Classroom.
- Author(s)Sonia Colina
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2009
- Series TitleGeorgetown Studies in Spanish Linguistics Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content NoteThe majority of the figs. and tables are examples.
- Weight363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.