Spanish for Getting Along: The Basic Spanish Series by Francisco Mena-Ayllon, Raquel Lebredo, Ana C. Jarvis (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.86+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE BASIC SPANISH SERIES, BASIC SPANISH FOR GETTING ALONG, Enhanced Second Edition, is a communication manual designed to serve those who seek basic conversational skills in Spanish by presenting everyday situations that students may encounter when traveling or living in Spanish-speaking countries or when dealing with Spanish-speaking people in the United States. This worktext introduces essential vocabulary and provides students with opportunities to apply, in a wide variety of practical contexts, the grammatical structures presented in the corresponding lessons of the BASIC SPANISH core text.
- Author BiographyAna C. Jarvis, a native of Paraguay, was born in Asuncion and attended school in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She received her Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside, in 1973. Dr. Jarvis retired from Chandler-Gilbert Community College after a long and distinguished career. Prior to CGCC, she taught at Mesa Community College; the University of California, Riverside; San Bernardino Valley College; Brigham Young University; and Riverside City College. In addition to authoring numerous Spanish textbooks, she has published several short stories in Spanish. In 1988, she was chosen as Faculty Member of the Year at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Raquel Lebredo was born in Camaguey, Cuba. She attended school in Havana and later enrolled at the University of Havana, where she received a Ph.D. in Education. She was subsequently employed as an elementary school principal, and taught literature and language at a preparatory school in Havana. She moved to the United States after living in Spain for a period of time. Dr. Lebredo was awarded a Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside. Since then, she has taught Spanish at Claremont Graduate School, Crafton Hills College, the University of Redlands, and California Baptist University, and has authored several Spanish textbooks. In 1985, she was chosen as Faculty Member of the Year by the student body at California Baptist University, and in 1991 she received a YWCA Women of Achievement award. Francisco Mena-Ayllon, a native of Madrid, Spain, received his Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside, in 1973. He has taught Spanish language and literature courses at the University of California, Riverside; Oberlin College; California State University, Chico; the University of Redlands; and Crafton Hills College. In addition to authoring numerous Spanish textbooks in the United States, he has published a book about Federico Garcia Lorca and several volumes of his own poetry. His poetry has been published in Spain, Latin America, and the United States. His work has also been included in several anthologies of contemporary Spanish poets, and he is listed in Quien es Quien en las Letras Espa?olas, 1978 (Who's Who in Spanish Letters), as an important contributor to contemporary Spanish literature. Professor Mena-Ayllon is now retired.
- Author(s)Ana C. Jarvis,Francisco Mena-Ayllon,Raquel Lebredo
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Enhanced
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.