All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionAn insanely funny materpiece of science friction (yes, science friction)by an unrecognized comic genius. 'Spanking Yesterday' is a vel written as a journal by the frictional and schizophrenic Ward Bobb who is institutionalized. Ward is obsessed with H. G. Wells' 'Time Machine' which he views t as science fiction but as revelation and prophecy. As part of his treatment, he must write a journal of his life, particularly his life at Kros Techlogies International (KTI) where he managed a technical writing department and where, in spite of... or perhaps because of... his mental illness, he fits right in. Amongst his odd yet corporately semi-acceptable actions, he sells stock to fellow employees... his tribe of pubs creeps... in a department library of porgraphic books and pictures and then uses pictures from the library to control the behavior of the programmers with whom he works. Ward becomes convinced that the KTI Corporation is controlled by Wells' cannibal Morlocks who are establishing a beachhead and threaten human kind. When he reviews his journal entries, and comments on them as his psychiatrist has recommended, he finds that someone else is writing disparaging remarks. It all becomes too real and he is convinced that he must spank yesterday and take action! Oxbow Lake the 2nd may be a pen name. We're t sure. His first vel, 'The Adventures of the Posse of Little Horses' won the prestigious Costa Concordia Award for Fictional Excellence. 'Spanking Yesterday' is his second vel and it too will probably win a Concordia. Fearing a law suit, we include Ward Bobb the 3rd as a contributor to the vel although we're t sure that Mr. Bobb actually exists.
- Author BiographyOxbow Lake the 2nd may be a pen name. We're not sure. His first novel, 'The Adventures of the Posse of Little Horses' won the prestigous Costa Concordia Award for Fictional Excellence. 'Spanking Yesterday' is his second novel and it too will probably win a Concordia. Fearing a law suit, we include Ward Bobb the 3rd as a contributor to the novel although we're not sure that Mr. Bobb actually exists.
- Author(s)Oxbow Lake the 2nd with Ward Bobb the 3r
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.