All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionSparkle is an epic tale linspired by the story of The Supremes. It's 1968 Detroit and a time when the entertainment world is thoroughly mesmerized by the Motown sound. In the midst of that musical and entrepreneurial phemen three beautiful sisters -- the daughters of a former R&B singer-turned-Bible thumper -- leave the bosom of the church and, against the strenuous objection of their mother, dive headfirst into the tough, unforgiving world of R&B. As Sister, Dolores and Sparkle submit to the Svengali-like styling of their manager and fight against the ruthless ambitions of a cast of characters bent on taking advantage of their fortune and fame, the close-knit family is torn apart by greed, ambition, broken loyalties, and the merciless glare of the spotlight. But one sister, Sparkle, may yet have what it takes to emerge as the brightest star of them all.
- Author BiographyDenene Millner is an award-winning entertainment journalist and the author of The Sistahs' Rules, and the coauthor of several novels. Her nonfiction credits include the What Brothers Think, What Sistahs Know relationship series and the humour book, The Angry Black Woman's Guide to Life.
- Author(s)Denene Millner
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.