All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 1989 National Book AwardA classic tale of a man, a boat, and a storm, Spartina is the lyrical and compassionatestory of Dick Pierce, a commercial fisherman along the shores of Rhode Island'sNarragansett Bay. A kind, sensitive, family man, he is also prone to irascible outburstsagainst the people he must work for, w that he can longer make his living from thesea.Pierce's one great passion, a fifty-foot fishing boat called Spartina, lies unfinished inhis back yard. Determined to get the funds he needs to buy her engine, he finds himselftaking a foolish, dangerous risk. But his real test comes when he must weather a storm atsea in order to keep his dream alive. Moving and poetic, Spartina is a masterly story ofone man's ongoing struggle to find his place in the world.
- Author BiographyJohn Casey is the author of <b>The Half-life of Happiness</b>, naow available in hardcover from Knopf.
- PrizesWinner of United States National Book Awards: Fiction 1989.
- Author(s)John Casey
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.