All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionSpatio-temporal Approaches presents a well-built set of concepts, methods and approaches, in order to represent and understand the evolution of social and environmental phemena within the space. It is basedon examples in human geography and archeology (which will enable us to explore questions regarding various temporalities) and tackles social and environmental phemena. Chapter 1 discusses how to apprehend change: objects, attributes, relations, processes. Chapter 2 introduces multiple points of view about modeling and the authors try to shed a new light on the different, but complementary approaches of geomaticians and thematicians. Chapter 3 is devoted to the construction of spatio-temporal indicators, to various measurements of the change, while highlighting the advantage of an approach crossing several points of view, in order to understand the phemen at hand. Chapter 4 presents different categories of simulation model in line with complexity sciences. These models rely tably on the concepts of emergence and self-organization and allow us to highlight the roles of interaction within change. Chapter 5 provides ideas on research concerning the various construction approaches of hybrid objects and model couplings.
- Author(s)Helene Mathian,Lena Sanders
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.