All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sally Blue was six, a gunshot woke her and subsequently ripped her world apart. Jolted awake, Sally ran to her parents' bedroom for comfort. Instead, she found her father myteriously missing and her mother slumped against the headboard, her nightgown shredded by a shotgun blast. Climbing on the bed, Sally cradled her mother's head, mindless of the blood and stench of death. Yet from somewhere deep within the lifeless body, Sally heard the voice of her mother warning her: Run, Sally! Run! Twenty-five years later, Sally has finally stopped running. She has found a modicum of peace as a mortician's beautician, able to take solace from the voices of the dead that trailed her for years wherever she went. Yet a grisly murder reawakens her 'gift', forcing Sally to turn to Jersey Castle, homicide detective by day, punk rock drummer by night, and the last person Sally might expect to help her. But what Sally doesn't kw is that someone has been hunting for her all this time. They voices of the dead are all around her, and if she is unable to silence them the next voice to join the cacophony of death will be Sally's own.
- Author BiographyGrant McKenzie is the internationally published author of four edge-of-your-seat thrillers, plus an ongoing mystery series set in San Francisco. His riveting thrillers The Fear in Her Eyes, Switch, and K.A.R.M.A. are also available from Polis Books. Under the pen name M. C. Grant he writes the Dixie Flynn series that began with Angel With a Bullet, continued with Devil With a Gun, and returns with Baby With a Bomb. His short story Underbelly appeared in the First Thrills anthology edited by Lee Child from Tor/Forge. As a journalist, Grant has worked in virtually every area of the newspaper business, from the late-night Dead Body Beat at a feisty daily tabloid to senior copy/design editor at two of Canada's largest broadsheets and editor in chief of Monday magazine. He lives in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Grant McKenzie
- PublisherPolis Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPolis Books
- Weight642 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.