All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionA practical manual aimed at graduate students, junior researchers, nervous professionals, or clinicians who are preparing to present talks at meetings and academic conferences. This is an important career skill for anyone in the sciences, and the book features step-by-step instruction for creating clear and compelling presentations - from structuring a talk and developing effective Powerpoint slides, through delivery before an audience. Includes color examples of slides and posters from actual presentations, and field-tested methods for success behind the podium. Also contains tips on answering questions and strategies for handling media and job interviews. The authors are professional public speakers who teach presentation skills to scientists and medical researchers at the National Institutes of Health and in the private sector.
- Author BiographyThe authors, Scott Morgan and Barrett Whitener, are professional public speakers and write from their extensive experience teaching speaking skills to scientists and medical researchers at the National Institutes of Health and in the private sector. The 7-step process they have designed is guaranteed to help readers become better speakers.
- Author(s)Barrett Whitener,Scott Morgan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note32 colour illus.
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.