All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of torious bad guys, perpetrators of mischief, visionary-if misunderstood-thinkers, and other colorful antiheroes, jerks, and evil doers from history all get their due in the short essays featured in these enlightening, informative, books. Speaking Ill of the Dead: Jerks in Florida History features more than a dozen short biographies of nefarious characters, from the misguided Dr. Frederick Weedon, the physician who treated the great Muskegee warrior Osceola during his captivity, to Lewis Powell, John Wilkes Booth's Florida co-conspirator.
- Author BiographyE. Lynne Wright is the author of It Happened in Florida, More than Petticoats: Remarkable Florida Women, Disasters and Heroic Rescues of Florida: True Stories of Tragedy and Surival, Florida: Mapping the Sunshine State Through History (with Vincent Virga), and Myths and Mysteries of Florida, published by Globe Pequot Press.Her short stories, nonfiction articles, essays, and book reviews have appeared in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Hartford Courant, Woman's Day, and many anthologies and literary magazines. She lives in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Author(s)E. Lynne Wright
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleSpeaking Ill of the Dead: Jerks in History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.