All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionNAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY NPR - NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER From award-winning author Alan Bradley comes the next cozy British mystery starring intrepid young sleuth Flavia de Luce, hailed by USA Today as one of the most remarkable creations in recent literature. Eleven-year-old amateur detective and ardent chemist Flavia de Luce is used to digging up clues, whether they're found among the potions in her laboratory or between the pages of her insufferable sisters' diaries. What she is t accustomed to is digging up bodies. Upon the five-hundredth anniversary of St. Tancred's death, the English hamlet of Bishop's Lacey is busily preparing to open its patron saint's tomb. Nobody is more excited to peek inside the crypt than Flavia, yet what she finds will halt the proceedings dead in their tracks: the body of Mr. Collicutt, the church organist, his face grotesquely and inexplicably masked. Who held a vendetta against Mr. Collicutt, and why would they hide him in such a sacred resting place? The irrepressible Flavia decides to find out. And what she unearths will prove there's never such thing as an open-and-shut case. Acclaim for Speaking from Among the Bones [Alan] Bradley scores ather success. . . . This series is a grown-up version of Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys and all those mysteries you fell in love with as a child. --The San Diego Union-Tribune The precocious and irrepressible Flavia . . . continues to delight. --Publishers Weekly (starred review) Fiendishly brilliant . . . Bradley has created an utterly charming cast of characters . . . as quirky as any British mystery fan could hope for. --Bookreporter Delightful and entertaining. --San Jose Mercury News Acclaim for Alan Bradley's beloved Flavia de Luce vels, winners of the Crime Writers' Association Debut Dagger Award, Barry Award, Agatha Award, Macavity Award, Dilys Winn Award, and Arthur Ellis Award Every Flavia de Luce vel is a reason to celebrate. --USA Today Delightful. --The Boston Globe, on The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Utterly beguiling. --People (four stars), on The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag Irresistibly appealing. --The New York Times Book Review, on A Red Herring Without Mustard From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAlan Bradley is the internationally bestselling author of many short stories, children's stories, newspaper columns, and the memoir The Shoebox Bible. His first Flavia de Luce novel, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, received the Crime Writers' Association Debut Dagger Award, the Dilys Winn Award, the Arthur Ellis Award, the Agatha Award, the Macavity Award, and the Barry Award, and was nominated for the Anthony Award. His other Flavia de Luce novels are The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag, A Red Herring Without Mustard, I Am Half-Sick of Shadows, Speaking from Among the Bones, The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches, and As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust.
- Author(s)Alan Bradley
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleFlavia de Luce Mysteries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight290 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.