All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume in the Seven Deadly Sins Series, Speaking of Greed is a collection of short stories on the destructive deadly sin kwn as greed. In addition to being the title of this anthology, Speaking of Greed is also the title of Lawrence Block's original vella that leads off this unique collection. My task as an anthologist in this series, Block writes in the introduction, is threefold: first, I have to pick the stories; then I have to write a longish vella with my four series characters, whom we kw only as the priest, the doctor, the soldier, and the policeman; finally, I have to hammer out an introduction. The stories Block has chosen are delightful. His vella delivers what he promises. And the introduction is a heads-up plea for authors to ensure that their work will continue to be read after they are longer around to write any more.
- Author BiographyLawrence Block, a Mystery Writers of America Grand Master, is a four-time winner of the Edgar Allan Poe and Shamus awards and a recipient of literary prizes in France, Germany, and Japan. The author of more than fifty books, including fifteen Matthew Scudder novels and Eight Million Ways to Die and Even the Wicked, Block lives in New York City.
- PublisherCumberland House Publishing,US
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleSeven Deadly Sins
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCumberland House Publishing,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byLawrence Block
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.